11.13.2013

Playing with Neutrals: Fur Vest

A fur vest is one of my all-time fashion obsessions and by far the least worn item in my closet! Last fall I spent months of searching and living and breathing fur vests. If you follow me on Pinterest you were most likely flooded with pins upon pins of Olivia Palermo wrapped up in an enormously fluffy fur vest (really, Olivia? you look amazing, we don't deny it, but how do you get anything done in that?) or Wendy who could wear a burlap sack and thousands of women would turn up at work in a burlap sack the next day or that VS model turned actress busily walking past awed passerby in the most amazing all-leather outfit I have ever seen, PETA-be-damned. If you didn't thoroughly enjoy the masses of fur vest pins I unleashed upon you then I'm sorry because I don't know if our friendship would last IRL. Kidding!

But seriously. Months in of the search for the perfect fur vest (fluffy, but not too fluffy; not too brown, not too gray; not too short, not too engulf-y) I finally found THE ONE on ebay last year and then wore it like once. What?! B haaated the vest and so I felt really subconscious about it. But- fast forward to last week- the weather suddenly turned cold and guess who was calling my name once again. 
sweater dress: h&m, old (similar) | fur vest: ebay, love this one on sale! | boots: aldo, old (similar) | bag: Phillip Lim x Target | watch: MK | bracelets, necklace: yunikelley designs | ring: similar


The haps lately:
  • B came home from Alaska and I've been off the grid. durh.
  • B and I went on a much needed vacay to the Blue Ridge Mountains and you had to pry me away. It was trivia night in their bar & grill and we may or may not have been the youngest people there by a several decades (what does that say about us?). But we did win the first round and won a pitcher of beer which we gave away and we got to see someone's dear grandma get pretty plastered so good times were had by all!
  • Got asked to feature one of my Etsy items in Points North Magazine's holiday issue! It's a local mag that covers several city's worth of who-who's and where-to-eat-and-shop's so I'm really excited!
  • Be on the lookout for my next blog giveaway! I discovered this SUPER CUTE Etsy shop that sells bows. I ordered a bunch last month and loved them so much that I asked Sarah to host a giveaway with me and she kindly said yes!
  • Between school and my Etsy shop, I have been so overwhelmed- my sleeping and eating schedule is all wonky. How do you daily bloggers do it? And I know some of you have full-time jobs and go to school! Are you secretly robots, because if so I knew it! It's devastating because I love sleep.
  • Started watching the tv series Chuck. If you know me, then you know I like to have at least 5 shows in my rotation. Right now they're Walking Dead, Survivor, The Office. While it's not my favorite, I still like it!

21 comments:

  1. Fur vests are my favourite for the fall :) love this whole outfit!

    xoxo, charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love this look on you! I don't know if I could pull off the fur vest, but it sure looks good on you! (: And I love your etsy shop! Such cute jewlery! Found you from the DC in style linky! HAPPY WEDNESDAY!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your fur vest choice. It's chic but also understated. Can't wait for the giveaway! You + bows are just perfect for one another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great look! I'll have to keep this I mind for my fur vest. I never got into Chuck but I'm a huge Walking Dead fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the fur vest! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, that fur vest is super adorable. Loving all the neutrals from this look!!

    www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a great look on you, the detailing is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is so adorable and so fall! I need to break out my fur vest to wear! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday!

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hello!
    Dropping by to say i love your posts! Very creative and i love your style.
    that last look was to die for!
    if you have time would you check out my blog nd maybe follow back?

    Thanks,
    Krysti
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree my fur vest has seen the sun like 2 times...hahaha okay I am wearing it this weekend..I must! lol Oh I am going to check out your shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello i like your blog..i'd like to invite you to my blog where u can find lots of delicious recipes, raw and vegan lifestyle, diary, photos, food n special and english articles (!) etc. If u like my blog feel free and let me know. Have a nice day :) xxx

    www.andie-chambers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice look!if you like we can follow each other, cam to visit me TACCO 12 IN CUCINA THIS IS MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK
    KISS jeasmine

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only place youll find success before work is in the dictionary
    jeux concours

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stylish in your fur vest and love how you paired with your accessories. Great look! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your bag!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a savvy shopper! Low priced options can look equally as high-end when styled right and you did it spot on hun! Love the neutral color story, very chic!

    Thank you for the blog visit love! Would love to get your thoughts on my latest!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. love love your fur vest it looks gorgeous on you!! i know what you mean.. good fur vests are so hard to find.. especially when i feel like they always look so bulky on me!!

    i can't get over your philip lim x target bag omg dying!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boys! They don't always understand. But I sure do, and I LOVE this fur vest on you :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love how you have your life note deets on the bottom, how adorable are you?!

    i have been on the hunt for a vest like that,,, need ASAP!! and gotta love some Target X Phillip Lim bags! i;ve been donning mine day in and day out =P


    xo's

    -teeney

    http://www.christeeney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Phillip Lim for Target bag looks great on you! It was too huge on me and I sadly returned it.

    -Stephanie

    http://www.shoppingismyworkout.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you for taking the time to leave your sweet thoughts. Leave me your blog link and I will try to give back the love!